Saturday, November 29, 2008

CHIKV!

It's my birthday tomorrow and I don't feel like celebrating. It's not that I feel that I'm too old for that sort of celebration. In fact, I can always give young people half my age a run for their money when it comes to having fun and letting my hair down. It's just that I've been infected with CHIKV or better known as Chikungunya virus. Me of all people! Can you believe that? I was unable to get out of bed for two days and all my joints ached. I did not feel like eating at all and had to depend on fruits for energy since everything tasted bitter. I had mild rashes all over my arms and my head throbbed like hell. I am still in shock actually. I don't usually get sick and I consider myself very health-conscious. I don't live in a mosquito-infested area and I spray my bedroom before I go to bed. Still, Murphy's law rules. What can go wrong, will go wrong. So, I'm taking a different approach to celebrate my birthday this year. I'm going to be a good boy and stay at home, take my medication, watch a little bit of television, reply whatever e-mail that is long-due and have my milk and cookies. Maybe next year, if I feel like it, I'll paint the town red or whatever colour that takes my fancy.