Thursday, January 28, 2010

THE SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS OF LOVE

Everyone wants to love and be loved. I know that sounds so unoriginal but that is the truth, isn't it? I would be dishonest if I say I haven't experienced love before but at the moment, I think I am better without (I'm on love sabbatical actually). Once I thought I would be a much more stable person (in all sense of the word) if I let love enter my life. No more late nights, no more hanging out with friends unnecessarily and no more destination unknown. Well, I was wrong and I guess I am still wrong. Love is not a determiner since it is not a causal or decisive factor for anything. On the contrary, it is simply an unstable (and sometimes, irreversible) modifier that can work for or against you. It would be much easier if love is like First Grade Mathematics; simple, workable and functional (some might argue otherwise) but it's not. To me, it is much more similar to a scientific experiment in the lab. God knows what can and will happen if you haven't figured out the correct formula, measurement, timing et cetera et cetera et cetera. Explosion, reversed effects, accidents. You name it and it's possible. Love is a science (some people say it's an art but I'm yet to find out how and why) and through science, fragrances and candies are created but let's not forget that flatulence and decomposition are also scientific in nature. Love is also mathematics since it involves a lot of probabilities and calculations. Love is just a combination of all things beautiful, ugly, fragrant, putrid, positive and negative. At present, I don't think I can all stomach all that and that's the reason I'm putting love on hold. In Mathematics, my love would be equivalent to zero and Science will definitely categorize it as inertia or even vacuum. Well, I was never good at Science anyway and I detested Mathematics like a disease so I figure I will never be good at love. If only love was an art and nothing else, I would definitely be a maestro...