Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WHITNEY HOUSTON ON THE COMEBACK TRAIL

Yes, it's true. She can be seen almost everywhere nowadays and I am glad. Really, really glad. I listened to her songs throughout my college years and I'm not ashamed to admit, I even danced to them! She has been coming out more often in the public eye lately and she no longer looks or acts like she did a few years back; shabbily dressed, anorexic-looking and as high as the clouds most of the time. I'm not sure whether she has been able to kick all her bad habits that she has acquired all these years but she sure looks good nowadays. The weight gain, the radiant smile, the chic clothes and most importantly, her public appearance signify that she is back. There is no certainty that her comeback is going to be a success but I like the spunk and the spirit that she shows. A few years ago, she was truly in the dumps and to me, it takes a lot of courage and determination to try and rebuild your life. She has lost a lot in all sense of the word and gone through enough humiliation that can make others want to hide forever in a hole somewhere. It takes a lot to face the world and not ask to be forgiven but to be given a chance to prove that you are only human and capable of correcting whatever that is wrong. Condemnation and skepticism definitely are not welcomed at the moment. I don't expect to see or hear her as the singer that she was during her prime years. Everybody knows that when you abuse your body, you cannot expect it to perform like you think it should. I hope there is going to be a happy ending to this roller-coaster life of hers. Human experiences have shown that we are capable of finding our own internal strength if and when we want to. And I believe she has.