Sunday, November 8, 2009

BEWARE! VAMPIRES EVERYWHERE

Everyone is into vampires nowadays but strangely enough, not me. I used to love watching vampire movies. I didn't know why but there was something about that dark world that really appealed to me (don't start analysing me psychologically, okay?). Last night was a vampire movie marathon for me. It started with 'The Lost Boys' (my favourite) followed by 'Fright Night' (another favourite), 'Blade' and ended with 'Interview With The Vampire'. When I was in college, I made friends with a group of vampire movie fans. Most of them slept during the day and went out at night fantasising of being bitten by a vampire or two! They were dressed mostly in black and had very pale complexion since they tried to avoid the sun altogether. They had this plan that if ever one of them was bitten by a vampire and turned into one, he or she would bite the others too. Talk about being weird! It seems to me that humans who desire to become vampires are running away from a reality and life that they can't handle. Well, reality bites but I don't think there are any vampires who can do that. I don't think I'll be watching 'New Moon' from the Twilight Saga since I was quite disappointed when 'Twilight' came out. I'd say that the cinematography in that move is fantastic but the movie itself is too slow for my liking and the storyline is quite shallow. Well, I shouldn't have expected much from a movie adapted from a teen novel written especially for young girls. The series itself is simply a love story about an average girl who finds love. It's just another story about forbidden love and we know how much people love stories when love triumphs in the end. That's the basic premise of this story and what happens between the beginning and the end is just fillers to keep the story going. At the same time, there are many out there who have become addicted to 'Vampire Wars' on facebook. I guess I must have outgrown my 'vampire' phase since I'm not playing 'vampire' anymore. These days, I'd rather join the Mob and start killing people with real weapons instead of sucking their blood. On a lighter note, I love garlic too much to become a vampire...

p/s How do you like my new fangs?