Friday, August 21, 2009

RAMADHAN COMES AGAIN

The public schools will close tomorrow and InsyaAllah, Ramadhan will also start on the same day. I have always treasured the first day of Ramadhan since to me, it is an indication of how the whole month is going to be like. I hope this Ramadhan will be as wonderful as the previous ones. In fact, I think it is going to be more meaningful this year. I will be able to spend at least a week with my family and how I wish that the schools would close for a month. School-going children will be able to spend more time at home and families will be able to break their fast and perform their prayers together. As for me, I will have the chance to do early preparations for Syawal although last minute preparations and shopping (chaos is more like it) are much more fun and exciting. The house needs to be cleaned a little bit and I guess I will have ample time to bake a few types of cookies. I know my nephews and nieces (including their parents aka my siblings) will be asking whether I have baked enough of their favourite cookies for them to take home. So it is important that this task is completed early before I run out of steam! I would like to wish everyone a happy Ramadhan and I hope this Ramadhan will bring peace to all. Have a wonderful Ramadhan!