Saturday, May 1, 2010

HAPPY LABOUR DAY (NOT)!

Yes, it's Labour Day today but instead of getting the rest that I deserved (did I?), I ended up doing some spring cleaning around the house. I'm always particular about the way I carry out my cleaning (that's the reason why I don't like others to do it or to help me) and I will not stop doing the chores until I'm fully satisfied (or ready to drop due to exhaustion). In no way am I close to being another cleaning freak à la Joan Crawford but I like seeing everything being spotless. I know my muscles are going to be sore tonight from all the washing, cleaning, mopping, dusting and scrubbing but I also know that it's going to be worth it. Please don't get the wrong idea. My place is not immaculately clean 24/7 since there are times when I refuse to lift even a finger to do anything at all. My bedroom can look like a refugee camp when my laziness seeps in and I can simply ignore the mess that I've made all over the house. I can dump my dirty laundry in the basket (sometimes even outside the basket) and it will not bother me one bit. Keeping house is definitely no easy task and knowing that I can be quite good at it, maybe I should start providing domestic service to those who don't feel like doing such hard labour.

p/s By the way, I'll do everything except clean other people's toilet. For that, they have to find another domestic service provider.