Friday, May 7, 2010

UPCYCLING OLD CASSETTES

I'm sure everybody has at least bought a cassette tape once (this does not apply to the current generation) and I'm pretty sure that some of us have tons and tons of these remnants from the 80s and 90s. So what do you do with them since nobody listens to cassette tapes anymore? They have become obsolete and to be seen listening to your music on your mega-obsolete Sony Walkman is a definite no-no (unless it's a Sony Sport Retropod which is cool). Well, you recycle them or better, you upcycle them. I came across a few sites which show items made from old cassette tapes. Some of them are quite brilliant and will definitely not look out of place in a modern home or for a modern person. In fact, some of them can be considered as avant-garde and revolutionary. These old cassettes are quite versatile. You can turn them into numerous items ranging from the ordinary to the spectacular. Here are a few examples of what you can do with them.

p/s I would love to get my hands on that cassette tape cabinet. It will be the perfect place for me to keep my other music stuff.