Monday, July 2, 2012

IT FINALLY RAINED!

The hot, humid weather was too much for me to bear and just when I thought it would never rain until September, the weather suddenly changed in a blink of an eye. I was taking a short nap in the living room this afternoon while waiting for my Mum to come back from her dialysis when I felt totally cold. I forced myself to get up and to my surprise, it was raining. It has been a while since it last rained and this time, the rain came down real hard. The drain in front of my house was full of rainwater which was moving fast and carrying a lot of junk. The heavy downpour was also accompanied by gusty wind, rolling thunder and electrifying lightning. I switched off all the major electrical appliances and sat quietly in the cold, dark house since there was nothing I could do but wait for the rain to subside a little bit. By the time my Mum reached home, the rain had already abated. I am totally grateful for this much-needed respite from the sweltering heat that has been going on for quite some time now. Everything around me looks so dry and brittle especially the trees and fields in my neighbourhood. People also get tired (and also irrationally angry) easily and going out in the scorching sun is not fun at all. The fasting month is quickly approaching and I hope the weather will turn out all nice and pleasant by then. One thing for sure is both my Mum and I will be sleeping like babies tonight.